How do I dispose of paint?

Water-based or latex paint is not a hazardous waste. It can be placed in your household trash providing it is completely dried solid. If there is a small amount of paint in the can, the lid can be removed and the paint allowed to dry. Adding cat litter or saw dust will speed up the drying process. Oil-based or alkyd paint is always considered a Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) and should be disposed of at a HHW collection facility or collection event. Visit or call (479) 271-1083 for more information. Donate unused paint: Habitat for Humanity will accept full cans of paint that are no older than 2 years at their Restore facility located at 908 SE 21 St., Bentonville (479) 273-3638. Other non-profit organizations that may have a need for paint are: Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4-H, fire departments, military bases, prisons, summer camps and donations for graffiti cleanups.

Benton County Solid Waste

Show All Answers

1. Who do I need to contact if my trash/recycling was missed?
2. I've recently moved to the City of Rogers, how do I sign up for trash service?
3. Does the city offer free mulch?
4. How do I dispose of paint?
5. Do you accept used cooking oil?
6. I need to do community Service. What do I need to know?