Do I need a grading permit?

Grading permits are intended to prohibit excessive clearing and excavation activity that creates flooding and soil erosion problems. A permit is required in the following situations:

  • Clearing and excavation activity with a disturbed area over 1 acre
  • Large-Scale Development or Subdivision
  • 7 or more significant trees are proposed for removal

Significant trees are 8 inches or more in diameter and 4 ½ feet tall. Replacement trees may be required if removing 7 or more significant trees. Visit with Planning staff for questions about permitting requirements.

Show All Answers

1. How do I check the zoning of my property?
2. What does zoning mean?
3. How do I change the zoning of my property?
4. Why is there a ‘Notice of Public Hearing’ sign in my neighborhood?
5. How do I find public meeting agendas?
6. Do I need a sign permit?
7. Can I put a shed in my backyard?
8. Do fences require a permit?
9. Do I need a business license?
10. Can I operate a business from my home?
11. How do I start the development process?
12. How do I subdivide my property?
13. Do I need a grading permit?