How do I start the development process?

Visit with Planning staff to determine whether the project is a Large-Scale Development, Small-Scale Development, Subdivision, or exempt from review. Housing not exceeding 4 units can be built with a residential building permit and requires only site and building plans. For Large-Scale Developments and Subdivisions, the developer should have a pre-submittal meeting with Community Development, Risk Reduction, and Rogers Water Utilities staff before submitting a project for review. Development submittal checklists can be found on the Community Development Department webpage.

Show All Answers

1. How do I check the zoning of my property?
2. What does zoning mean?
3. How do I change the zoning of my property?
4. Why is there a ‘Notice of Public Hearing’ sign in my neighborhood?
5. How do I find public meeting agendas?
6. Do I need a sign permit?
7. Can I put a shed in my backyard?
8. Do fences require a permit?
9. Do I need a business license?
10. Can I operate a business from my home?
11. How do I start the development process?
12. How do I subdivide my property?
13. Do I need a grading permit?