Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Yes. The museum is only one level and all exhibit areas, including the historic 1895 Hawkins House, are wheelchair accessible.
Show All Answers
The Hailey Building, Key Wing Education Center, and historic 1895 Hawkins House are open Tuesday through Saturday from 10am-4pm. Closed all City of Rogers observed holidays.
The museum is located at 313 South Second Street in downtown Rogers. Visitors coming from out-of-town via I-49 should take the Walnut Street exit (exit 85) and follow West Walnut Street east until reaching Second Street. Turn right, then go three blocks. The museum is located on the left at the corner of Second Street and Cherry Street. Street parking is available in front of and to the side of the Museum.
Admission to the exhibit galleries and the historic 1895 Hawkins House is free.
The Children's Gallery and Grandma's Attic are hands-on areas that are perfect for children and adults as well. Everything in these family-friendly exhibits can be handled. Youngsters can play in the kitchen in "Grandma's House", build in "Grandpa's Workshop", bake bread in the "Famous Bakery" or slide down the slide reminiscent of the old Rogers High School's fire escape.
Rogers was founded in 1881 and was named after Captain Charles Warrington Rogers, general manager for the St. Louis and San Francisco (Frisco) Railroad. Rogers' founding date, May 10, is based on the day that the Frisco first came through the area.
It's easy to see why you might think that. As you see above, Rogers was named after a railroad official named Rogers. But there is a connection with famed humorist Will Rogers. Will Rogers' wife, Betty Blake Rogers, was born in Silver Springs (now Monte Ne), Arkansas, and raised in Rogers.
Will and Betty were married in Rogers on November 25, 1908 at the Blake home. Will considered the City of Rogers his second home, and Betty often spent time here with her mother and her children while Will was on the road.