In the City of Rogers, LRS (formerly Orion) is picking up bagged leaves on your service day the week of Monday, December 5th to Friday, December 9th.
LRS asks that you follow these simple guidelines to help us serve you better:
1. Please set your bagged leaves curbside by 7 a.m. on your regular pick-up day during the leaf pick up week. LRS will not go back to a street once completed. Trucks equipped with cameras to document if leaf bags are out on the day we pass down your street.
2. LRS will only pick up a maximum of 30 bags per household during this leaf clean up event.
3. Do not place bagged leaves in streets, ditches or block water run off grates.
4. Do not combine leaf bags with your neighbors or comingle with trash. Bagged leaves need to be at least 2 feet away from your trash or recycling container and minimum of 4 feet from any vehicle.
5. This is a leaf clean up. Twigs, branches, pine-cones, walnuts and pecans will not be collected.
6. Bags must weigh less than 50#. Brown paper lawn bags are preferred.
7. If you have more than 30 bags or will exceed your 30-bag limit, the extra bags can be handled by one of the following alternative methods below:
Alternative #1: If you have over 30 bags, as a resident of Rogers, you may take your extra bagged leaves for free to the Rogers Yard Waste Facility located at 2300 N. Arkansas Street during the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. Please have your I.D. and Rogers Water Utilities bill to prove residency
Alternative #2 AVAILABLE YEAR-ROUND: You can also purchase additional LRS bio-gradable bags at Garner’s Building Supply located at 125 E. Locust Street, Rogers. These bags include service and disposal in the price. The bags sell for $2.52 each and $12.60 plus tax for a pack of 5 bags.
1. Purchase bags preferably biodegradable paper bags (only week your allowed to use any plastic lawn bag of your choice)
2. Fill the bags
3. No special pick-up needed just set bags out on indicated day
REMINDER-LRS WILL BE CLOSED THURSDAY NOVEMBER 24th IN OBSERVANCE OF THANKSGIVING AND THURSDAY’S ROUTES WILL RUN FRIDAY AND FRIDAY ROUTES WILL RUN SATURDAY.
Thank you and HAPPY HOLIDAYS from your LRS Team!
For those thinking ahead for Christmas trash/recycling service. LRS’s office will close at noon on Friday December 23rd and reopen Tuesday from 8:00 am until 4:30pm. Our drivers will will run normal routes the following Christmas Day and official New Year’s Day.