There is a TORNADO WATCH in effect for Rogers and surrounding areas. The National Weather Service is expecting the severe weather to occur around 7 to 11 p.m. in our area.
All of the storm sirens in Rogers have been tested within the last two weeks and are working; HOWEVER, please know that storm sirens are intended to alert those that are OUTSIDE during a potential tornado. Those that are inside during the storm should not rely on hearing the storm sirens in the event of a storm or tornado.
Please be weather aware this afternoon and evening:
• Make sure you have multiple reliable ways to receive severe weather watch and warning information, such as the local news or a NOAA Weather Radio (battery operated is best in case of a power outage).
• Identify a “safe” room in your home for you and your family to congregate in such as a basement, storm cellar or an interior room on the lowest floor with no windows.
• Secure loose objects that are outside of windows and doors, and move any valuable objects inside.
• Don’t forget to bring in your pets!
• Avoid activities outside or driving during the Tornado Watch or the presence of high winds if possible.
• Encourage your neighbors and loved ones to be prepared.
For more information, visit https://www.weather.gov/tsa/