Rogers Public Library will be moving to a new computer system the week of March 9. The new system will replace our current customer database, our online library catalog, and links to our electronic resources. The Library will be closed Monday, March 9, and Tuesday, March 10, to complete the migration process and train staff. Online resources will still be available.
Library customers will still be able to use their current library cards. Due to security reasons, your PIN or personal identification number will not transfer the new system. Your PIN will default to the last four digits of your library card number. We recommend that you change that number to four other digits of your preference after March 9. The Library will provide instructions on how to change your PIN or you can request assistance during your next library visit.
Our goal is to provide library users with a friendly, easy-to-use system that will allow us to customize to our users’ needs. Some changes you can look forward to include:
- Changes in some loan periods, e.g.
- All DVDs, Blu-Rays, and electronic games 14 days.
- All new adult bestsellers, audio books, and new books will have a 14 day loan period for six months.
- The ability to see downloadable titles available through Arkansas Library2Go and RBdigital collections from the library catalog. Click on the title and go directly to the sight to checkout if available or place a hold if not.
- Other enhancements will be announced soon.