Steps for Applying
If you are interested in joining our team of exceptional firefighters, review the information below, and contact us at 479-986-6801, if you have any questions about the department.
There are four steps to becoming a Rogers firefighter:
Fill out a job application at www.rogersar.gov/fireapp .
Sit for an entry-level written test with the National Testing Network. To schedule a test, go to National Testing Network and select Rogers (Arkansas) Department.
Complete a Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) exam. Exams are offered nationwide, and testing locations can be found at the following sites:
Complete Civil Service and Battalion Chiefs' interview. You will be notified when the next date is set for interviews.
To be considered for employment the following criteria must meet:
- Completed all four of the previous steps
- Have graduated from high school or achieved a GED certification
- Possess a valid motor vehicle operator license
- Have a current CPR card
- Must have an Arkansas Emergency Medical Technician License or have the ability to gain an Arkansas EMT license via reciprocity. EMT students are allowed to test but are not eligible for hiring until this requirement is met.
- Must be between the ages of 18-35 at the date of appointment or qualify under the following exceptions of Arkansas Code 14-51-301:
- Any person who has at least two (2) years of previous experience as a paid firefighter with another fire department and whose years of experience as a paid firefighter when subtracted from the person's age leaves a remainder of not more than thirty-two (32) years
- A current or former service member of the regular or reserve component of the uniformed services of the United States as defined under 10 U.S.C. § 101 who is within three (3) years of separation or retirement from the regular or reserve component of the uniformed services of the United States.
- Provide an Affidavit of Non-Smoking (PDF)