Trial & Appeal


On your trial date, you may present evidence and witnesses on your behalf. This is the day that the arresting (issuing) officer will be present. The state will present their case against you and you will present your case. The judge will make the final finding of guilty or not guilty (District Courts do not have jury trials).


If you disagree with the judge’s finding, you have the right to appeal his decision by appealing your case to the Benton County Circuit Court. The cost of appealing your case is $20 to have the transcript prepared in District Court and $140 to file the appeal with the Benton County Circuit Court (fees are subject to change).