John Cooper and Charlie Marshall who owned a theater at 206 West Walnut built a new theater in 1927 at 116 South Second. They used well-known Rogers architect, A.O. Clark to design the new Victory Theater which cost $35,000 to build. In 1927, a movie cost $0.15 for children and $0.35 for adults.
The Victory presented the first sound pictures in Rogers in 1929 and also later offered the first local facility with air conditioning. The Victory entertained people for 44 years from 1927 until it closed 1971. Between 1971 and 1976 the building was used for Ciné Theater.
Pictured to the right: The Victory Theater in the late 1920s, courtesy of the Rogers Historical Museum.