Community Service Officers perform a variety of specialized public safety work in the processing and transporting of prisoners, and other tasks to support Police operations both inside the headquarters building and throughout the City.
Some of the essential duties include:
- Provides transport for prisoners and other individuals as directed
- Maintains the safety and security of the detainees and facility; controls prisoner behavior and promotes acceptable conduct
- Participates in booking, searching and identifying new prisoners; verifies information on booking forms; obtains signatures, photographs and fingerprints; processes property for safekeeping
- Takes walk-in incident reports
- Assists with non-emergency response to motor vehicle accidents