The City Clerk is the record keeper for the City of Rogers. As such, the City Clerk’s Office is responsible for the following:
- Handling legal publications for the city
- Issuing peddler’s permits, and for-profit-fair licenses
- Issuing cemetery deeds
- Keeping a permanent record of all ordinances and resolutions that are passed by the City Council
- Preparing City Council Agendas
- Preparing records pertaining to City Council and Planning Commission meetings, including minutes
- Providing general information, both in person and on the phone
- Scheduling City Council committee meetings
The office is also responsible for the issuance of Private Club Permits and collection of monthly:
- 5% supplemental tax on all alcoholic beverage gross receipts form (PDF) (Chapter 4 of the Rogers City Code)
- 4% supplemental tax on spirituous beverages form (PDF) (excluding beer and wine) for on-premise permit holders (Approved by Rogers City Council, October 22, 2013 - Ordinance 13-88 (PDF))
- 2% Advertising and Promotion tax form (PDF) (Chapter 48, Section 48-85) for all hotels and motels in the city
Request for Bids & Proposals
Advertising or Request for Bids or Proposals for any city department is coordinated through the City Clerk’s Office, as is all vehicle, property, and liability insurance additions, deletions, or claims. Visit our Request for Bids page for current postings.
Apply for Solicitation Permit
The City’s ordinance requires a permit in order to solicit money from vehicular traffic. The permit can only be denied by the Rogers Police Chief for safety reasons. This ordinance applies to anyone soliciting money or donations in Rogers, whether it be a non-profit or private individual. View the solicitation application (PDF).
No Knock List
The Clerk-Treasurer’s Office maintains the “No Knock List” for residents who request not to be contacted by door-to-door sales businesses. Rogers residents may contact City Hall at 479-621-1117, mail to 301 W Chestnut, Rogers, AR, 72756 or submit a No Knock List Application online to be added to the list along with a copy of a state issued identification card, a current utility bill, or a current mortgage or lease agreement. Registration shall be valid for two (2) years. If the registration is not renewed after two (2) years, the address will be removed from the no-knock list. Registration may be renewed by the requester in the same form as is required for the original registration. Additionally, residents are encouraged to subscribe to the Solicitor Permit Alert for email and/or text message notification of any permitted solicitors
The No Knock List is a requirement to purchase by businesses that are doing door-to-door sales calls in Rogers. A current Rogers or any city of Arkansas business license is also required in order to conduct door-to-door sales. All door-to-door sales persons must carry with them the No-Knock List and their Rogers or any city of Arkansas business license while conducting door-to-door sales calls.
City Council Minutes
Minutes from Rogers City Council meetings for years 2004 through 2015 are now available at the MCCI website. From this site, you will be able to search these files for a particular issue, word or phrase and be able to view the page or pages where they appear.