2020 Fall Tree Giveaway
2020 Fall Tree Giveaway
The goal of the tree giveaway is to increase the City’s overall tree canopy on residential property to promote a healthier environment and improve the physical appearance and visual character of the built environment. The giveaway is made possible by the Walton Family Foundation and the Rogers Parks and Recreation Department.
When: November 7th at 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Where: Regional Sports Park, 2150 N Dixieland Rd, Rogers, AR 72756
How: REGISTRATION REQUIRED.
Registration will begin on October 14th at 8 a.m.
Registration will allow residents to reserve up to two trees per household. Due to limited quantities, the tree giveaway and online registration are first come, first serve. Selecting a tree for reservation does not guarantee the tree will be available. Only the confirmation email can verify which trees the participant may receive.
To register for the event, click here.
November 7th Drive-thru:
Due to COVID-19, this event will be a drive-thru. Please wear a mask and do not exit your vehicle until it is time to load your trees.
• Participants will be assigned a pickup time in the confirmation email; 8 am, 9 am, or 10 am. Please wait until your pickup time to enter the drive thru line at Regional Sports Park. A map will be sent with the confirmation email.
• Enter off of N Dixieland Rd and follow the signs to the pickup area.
• A volunteer will ask for your name. Be prepared to show the volunteer your confirmation email.
• A volunteer will bring the trees to your vehicle and participants will be responsible for loading trees into their vehicles. Please keep in mind, some giveaway trees can be up to 5 or 6 feet in height.
• Please wait until the volunteer brings the trees to your vehicle to exit your vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions:
• How many trees can a citizen receive? 2 trees per household.
• What tree species will be available?
Gala Apple (25) Golden Delicious (25)
Autumn Flame (15) Tulip Tree (20)
Dawn Redwood (15) Pin Oak (25)
Northern Red Oak (25) Babylon Weeping Willow (20)
Colorama Crape Myrtle (10) Shoal Creek Chaste (20).
• Will there be a rain date? No, the event will be hosted rain or shine!
• Can a family member or friend pick up my trees for me? Yes, you must indicate who will pick up the trees on the sign up or contact Kara King.
• Can I pick up trees before or after the event? No, trees must be picked up on November 7th.
• Can I trade a reserved tree for a different species at the event? No, there will be no trees available to trade.
• Will there be any trees available for citizens who have not registered for the event? No, all participants must register to receive trees.
If you miss the registration period, or the trees you wish to reserve are taken, you can email Kara King to be notified when the City will host their next giveaway. The tree giveaways are always first come, first serve and no one is given priority registration.
Trails Coordinator, City of Rogers