Coed Sand Volleyball
2016 COED Sand Volleyball
League Rules & Policies
- To be eligible to participate in COED Sand Volleyball you must be at least 16 years of age and be listed on an official roster.
- Official team roster must be submitted at Rogers Activity Center with payment before deadline.
- The captain signs the team roster. Rostered players will not be permitted to play on any other team.
- The league is 6 v 6, roster must have at least four members when turned in (2 must be female).
- To make changes to roster call 479-631-0336 x 2501. You must leave team name, players name to add or delete, and contact information. Never give less than 1 hour notice.
- If your team must forfeit please call 479-631-0336 x 2501 as soon as possible.
- Each team will be supplied with a game volleyball by the Rogers Activity Center. The volleyballs are to be brought to every scheduled game. Please return game ball to the Rogers Activity Center at the end of the season.
- 6 vs 6 playing format (3 females: 3 males)
- EXCEPTION: If cannot find 6 players you are allowed to play with 4 (2 must be females).
- There can never be more males on the court than women.
- Males and Females will alternate possessions on the court.
- Best 2 out of 3 games rally scoring.
- Games will be played to 21, win by 2, no cap.
- Third game, if necessary, will be played to 15, win by 2, no cap.
- Teams must be on the court and ready to play at their scheduled game time.
- Games will be scheduled at 6:10pm & 7:00pm. A 5 minute grace period will be allowed.
- Each team will be allowed one 30 second time-out per set.
- Teams will be asked to officiate & score keep their own games. Game results should be reported by phone, 479-631-0336 ext. 2501 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teams will switch courts between sets.
- Teams may be scheduled to play double headers.
- Ball may make contact with any part of the body above the waist (No open hand).
- Except during service (only hand/arm).
- Ball may not be thrown at any time.
- Sets on the first ball- it is illegal to double contact the first ball if the ball is not hard driven and if “a set” is used.
- Hard driven balls- legal to double contact.
- No restrictions on setting the ball over the net.
- Each team is entitled to a maximum of three contacts to return the ball to the opponents.
- Any time a ball is hit more than once by a team, a female must be involved in the rally before the ball can be returned.
- A player may not contact the ball twice in succession.
- Serves cannot be blocked or spiked. A bump or set is a legal hit on a serve.
- A player is not allowed to reach over the net to block or spike the ball when it is on opponent’s side of the net.
- Players may not come in contact with the net during play.
- No attack line.
- Players may cross under the net, as long as they do not interfere with the opponents play.
- Service can be completed overhand or underhand.
- Service cannot be made with two hands.
- Service must be made from behind the boundary.
- Violation of these rules will result in a loss of service.
- Continuous substitution rule will be in effect.
- Males sub for males, females must sub for females.
- Should a team begin with 4 players, they may add a 5th or 6th at anytime during the match.
- The ball is out of bounds when it touches any surface, object, or ground outside the sand court.
- If any part of the ball hits the boundary lines it will be considered in-bounds.
- A ball may be played out of bounds from a team’s court side territory only. If the ball crosses over to another playing court the ball will become immediately dead.
- Any ball interference from another court will result in a re-serve.